Siteimprove Response monitors servers' HTTP-requests at a certain distance and sends to predefined URLs. The Response tool monitors a website's server(s) response and if required, the content of the response. If the response time exceeds the limit defined by the customer, we will notify you immediately via e-mail and/or text message. This article is intended to outline the technical specifications in regards to Siteimprove Response.
HTTP content scanning: GET request for the HTML is sent and parsed along with positive or negative matches are evaluated.
It is possible to select which monitoring servers you want to monitor your checkpoint. Monitoring servers are available worldwide.
Alerts are triggered by the following events:
- No response to our request within the specified time
- The response status differs from 200 (Follow Redirect on 301 and 302 can be used as allowed set up)
- If the content scanning is enabled and finds no positive match or the entered negative match is found
- If a login is required and this fails
Users can be alerted via email and/or text message. Any number of users can be alerted.
Custom Check Options
- Check rate of either 30 seconds or 1, 5, 15 or 30 minutes are provided
- Check pauses can be set
- Verification breaks can be set
- Response time checks possible: Login pages with password by Form Login or Basic Authentication
Reporting and Statistics
In addition to the alerts, Siteimprove offers daily, weekly, or monthly Response reports, showing you the collected monitoring statistics. The reports show average response time, any registered downtime, and errors found. The data allows the server to keep track of your checkpoint's responsiveness, and rush hours identify what helps to detect problems before site users find it.