The Response service gives the option to check whether or not content exists on the checkpoints configured. This is done using the Content Match option in the Response settings. This article is intended to inform you about the use of the Content Match within Response.
Examples of when a Content Match may be useful
- The Match option could be used if you want a certain word or phrase to always be seen on the checkpoint page. For example, this could alert clients if the organization's contact information is not found on the page being checked. The ‘Match’ text in this case could be ‘Contact’.
- The Don't Match option could be used if you want an alert each time a particular word is seen on the checkpoint page. For example, this would be useful if you want to be notified that a maintenance page is presented instead of the expected website page. The ‘Don't Match’ text in this case could be ‘maintenance’.
Setting up an Optional Content Match
- Select Settings from the service-selector.
- Click Response from the side-bar menu.
- Insert the word match text as required. Match - This scans the checkpoint for the word or phrase entered in the 'Match' field. If this content is not found, this is interpreted as an error and an alert will be sent. Don't Match - This scans the checkpoint for the word or phrase entered in the 'Don't match' field. If this content is found an alert will be sent.
- To finish the Content Match set-up, click Update.