The Siteimprove Response feature gives you the option to check whether or not content exists on the checkpoints (URLs) configured. This is done using the Content Match option in Response settings.
Examples of when a Content Match may be useful
- The Match option might be used to make sure that word or phrase is seen on the checkpoint page. For example, your organization's street address. If this text is not on the page, an alert is sent.
- The Don't Match option could be used if you want an alert each time a particular word is seen on the checkpoint page. For example, this would be useful if you want to be notified that a maintenance page is presented instead of the expected website page. The ‘Don't Match’ text, in this case, could be ‘down for maintenance’. If the text is on the page an alert is sent.
Setting up an Optional Content Match
- Select Settings from the left menu.
- Click Response.
- Insert text in one of the text fields as required.
- Match - If this content is not found an alert will be sent, OR
- Don't Match - If this content is found an alert will be sent.
- To finish, click Update.