Prior to creating IP filters in Analytics, you will need to create a IP group. IP groups are used for creating a collection of IP addresses that can be applied to segments. Note that updating an IP group will update the segment in which the IP group is applied.
Please contact your organization's IT department to find out which IP addresses or IP ranges your company holds to be able to create an IP group that will exclude your organization's internal traffic to your website.
This article is intended to help you to create an IP group in Analytics.
- Select Settings from the service selector
- Select Analytics from the side-bar menu
- Select IP groups from the drop-down menu
- Click the New IP-group button
- Name the IP group. In this example, the IP group has been named "Internal IPs".
- Add IPs to the IP group. To add an IP range, use a dash at the end of the IP address (eg. 10.10.10.10-255). IP ranges are only applicable for the last value of the IP. To add an IP wildcard, use a ‘%’ sign (eg. 192.168.% or 10.0.0.%)
- Click the Add IP button once you have typed in an IP or IP range
- Click the green Create IP group to finish
Note: Please be sure to set up communication with your IT department to keep you informed if any new IPs are taken up by your organization. That way you can always edit your IP groups to reflect those new IP addresses or ranges and make sure that your Analytics data is accurate.