- Where can I find the CMS plugins?
Plugins are available for download via the Siteimprove CMS Plugin page. Information on plugins installed can be found under the Integrations menu within the Siteimprove platform.
- Who can see and utilize the CMS plugin?
Anyone who has a Siteimprove login can utilize the plugin. If a user does not have access to certain things in Siteimprove those permission settings will carry over to the plugin.
- How to navigate the Siteimprove CMS Plugin?
See the article "How to navigate the Siteimprove CMS Plugin?"
- Is the plugin on every page in our CMS, regardless of exclusions in place on the platform?
The plugin is on every page in the CMS. If an exclusion has been made on a certain page, the plugin will report the page as not found and not show data for that page.
- Are there security risks with the CMS plugin?
The CMS plugin has the same high level of security as the Siteimprove Intelligence Platform itself. Learn more about CMS plugin security on the CSM Plugin Security FAQ.
- What CMS versions does the Siteimprove CMS Plugin support?
- How long does setup generally take for the plugin?
This can vary from CMS to CMS but typically takes about 5 minutes or less.
- Would the plugin interfere with, or slow down the performance of our CMS?
The plugin has been designed to be light weight and processes everything on the Siteimprove servers. This means that the plugin should not cause any issues with performance on a customer's CMS.
- Does the CMS plugin come with any additional cost?
No. The CMS plugin is free for everyone to download and install. In order to use the plugin you need to have a Siteimprove account. If you do not have a Siteimprove account, you will not be able to login. This will prevent you from using the plugin even though it is installed.
- What if there is not a plugin available for my CMS?
There are a lot of CMS's out there and it would be impossible to create a plugin for every single one. Customers can submit a request for us to develop a plugin for their specific CMS in the Siteimprove Community forum or vote for existing suggestions. These will be evaluated by the CMS plugin team and will be prioritized based on technical compatibility and demand.
- What happens if I add a new page to my site? Will the plugin automatically check that page?
Yes, if a new page is published that will trigger a single page check of that page and reload when the page has finished crawling. It is good to know that if a page is not published, the page cannot be checked. The crawler cannot access a page that is not public without additional setup. This additional setup would include providing our crawler login credentials to crawl behind a login screen or whitelisting our crawler IPs on a private network. This does not include pages that considered drafts and not published.
- What steps are needed for implementation of the CMS plugin?
Learn more about how to set up the CMS Plugin