The Siteimprove Accessibility Checker is a free tool available as a Google Chrome Extension to check any webpage for accessibility issues at any given time. The Siteimprove Accessibility Checker gives you:
- An immediate overview of your page's accessibility issues
- Clear explanation of how they affect your users
- Specific recommendation on how issues found
All analysis is done entirely within the Chrome browser, allowing secure evaluation of password-protected or non-public pages, multi-step forms, and dynamic content.
I'm already a Siteimprove Accessibility customer, how can I benefit from using the Siteimprove Accessibility Checker?
- Check pages directly in your browser without giving anyone access to the content of the tested page
- Check pages that require a login on the fly (e.g. intranets or other firewall-protected pages)
- Check page stages and content that is only activated on user input (e.g. multi step forms)
- Check non-public pages (e.g. during development)
How do I install the Siteimprove Accessibility Checker?
- Open the Chrome browser (or download the Chrome browser if you do not have it)
- Install the Siteimprove Accessibility Checker Chrome extension from the Chrome Webshop or search for Siteimprove Accessibility Checker
- Click + Add to Chrome
- Approve the terms and conditions of the extension
- You can now see the Siteimprove Accessibility Checker icon in your browser window (top right corner)
How do I use the Siteimprove Accessibility Checker?
- Check any web page by typing in it's URL in the browser
- Click on the Siteimprove Accessibility Checker icon in your browser window
- Analyze the results shown on the left-hand side of the page
- If you have fixed issues, you can recheck the page