The Siteimprove Accessibility Checker is a free tool available as a Google Chrome Extension to check any webpage for accessibility issues at any given time. The Siteimprove Accessibility Checker uses the same checking engine as the Siteimprove Accessibility platform product. It provides:
- An immediate overview of your page's accessibility issues
- Clear explanation of how they affect your users
- Specific recommendation on how issues found
All analysis is done entirely within the Chrome browser, allowing secure evaluation of password-protected or non-public pages, multi-step forms, and dynamic content.
Note: The Siteimprove Accessibility Chrome extension can be used on HTML web page content. It is not possible to check PDF content with this extension.
I'm already a Siteimprove Accessibility customer, how can I benefit from using the Siteimprove Accessibility Checker?
- Check pages directly in your browser without giving anyone access to the content of the tested page (e.g. during development)
- Check pages that require a login on the fly (e.g. intranets or other firewall-protected pages)
- Check page stages and content that is only activated on user input (e.g. multi-step forms)
How do I install the Siteimprove Accessibility Checker?
- Open the Chrome browser (or download the Chrome browser if you do not have it).
- Install the Siteimprove Accessibility Checker Chrome extension from the Chrome Webshop or search for Siteimprove Accessibility Checker.
- Click + Add to Chrome.
- Approve the terms and conditions of the extension.
- You can now see the Siteimprove Accessibility Checker icon in your browser window (top right corner).
How do I use the Siteimprove Accessibility Checker?
- Check any web page by typing in it's URL in the browser.
- Click on the Siteimprove Accessibility Checker icon in your browser window.
- Analyze the results shown on the left-hand side of the page.
- If you have fixed issues, you can recheck the page.