This article will help you add an IP filter in Analytics. IP filters are created if you would like to filter on certain IP traffic. You can then choose the IP filter when looking at the online statistics or along with the analytics reports.
Prior to creating IP filters, you need to create an IP group that can then be applied to the filter. Below is a step-by-step guide to guide you in adding an IP filter in Analytics.
Note: IP filters will not work for customers that have utilized IP Anonymization on their Siteimprove account. Also, you must be an Administrator or Account owner to create an IP filter.
- Select Analytics from the main menu.
- Select Analytics Settings from the side-bar menu.
- Select Filters from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the New filter button.
- Create a name for your filter. In this instance "Own IP Traffic" has been created.
- Choose the Access level of the filter. If shared, every user on your Siteimprove account will be able to apply the filter. Private filters are only visible to the user who creates it.
- It is always a good idea to add a note to describe the purpose of the filter.
- Click on Add filter element.
- Select IP.
- If you have previously created an IP group, select the applicable IP group from the list.
- Choose if the filter should be active or inactive. Active is set as a default. When a filter is made inactive it will not show up in the list of filters to choose from in the Analytics module.
- Select if you want to include (show only) the particular IP group or exclude the specific IP group from the filter. Show only is set as a default.
- Test the filter. It may take some time to test as the filter will check data retroactively.
- Click the green Create filter button to finish the filter setup.
You can now apply your active filter in Analytics:
Note: Please be sure to set up communication with your IT department to keep you informed if any new IPs are taken up by your organization. That way you can always edit your IP groups to reflect those new IPs and make sure that your analytics data is accurate.