This article is intended to guide you on how to find and fix a broken link on your website.
- Select Quality Assurance from the main menu.
- From the side-bar menu, click on Links.
- From the sub-menu, click on Broken Links.
- From the displayed list of broken links, select the link you want to fix by clicking on the magnifying glass to the left-hand side of the link. This will take you to one of the pages that are affected by this broken link. To see all the pages affected, expand the "Pages" column.
- The platform will now highlight the broken link on a page report. If the link does not highlight or does not seem to be on the live page, try to switch to Show HTML as these broken links are typically found in the source code.
- To fix the broken link you need to go to the page affected by the broken link in your Content Management System (CMS). In most cases, we can set up a deeplink to the affected page from the platform, so you do not have to navigate to the page in your CMS, saving you valuable time. If you want to have the CMS deeplink setup, please fill out the CMS deeplink form.
- If deeplinking has been configured, click on the Edit in CMS button on the Page Report. This button provides a shortcut to the affected page in your CMS editing environment.
- Fix the broken link and republish the page. Once the fix is live you can re-check the page in Siteimprove to make sure the links were fixed correctly. The broken link be removed from the list in the Siteimprove platform after the next automatic crawl or a manual recheck of the page. For further information on this see "How to re-crawl a site, a page, multiple pages or a group".