This article is intended to guide you on how to fix a broken link on your website.
Below is a step-by-step guide in how to do so:
1. Select Quality Assurance from the main menu.
2. From the side-bar menu, click on Links
3. From the sub-menu, click on Broken Links
4. From the displayed list of broken links, select the link you want to fix by clicking on the magnifying glass to the left hand side of the link. This will take you to one of the pages that are affected by this broken link. To see all the pages affected, expand the "Pages" column.
5. The platform will now highlight the broken link with a flashing red emoticon in a page report. If the link does not highlight or does not seem to be on the live page, try to switch to Show HTML as these broken links are typically only found in the source code.
6. To fix the broken link you need to go to the page affected by the broken link in your Content Management System (CMS). In most cases we can set up a deeplink to the affected page from the platform, so you do not have to navigate to the page in your CMS, saving you valuable time. If you want to have the CMS deeplink setup, please fill out the CMS deeplink-form.
7. If your CMS system has been deeplinked with Siteimprove, click on the CMS button in the Page Report. This button provides a shortcut to the affected page in your CMS editing environment.
8. Fix the broken link and republish the page. Once the fix is live you can re-check the page in Siteimprove to make sure the links was fixed correctly and to make the broken links disappear from the platform. The broken links will disappear automatically after the next automatic crawl if this is not done.