How do I run a report?
By Guðrún Gústafsdóttir
Note: This article referrers to our earlier Reports module which some customers do not have access to. We recommend that all users use the latest Dashboard reports feature instead. Information on Dashboard reports can be found in the article Configuring Siteimprove Dashboards and Dashboard reports.
This article is intended to guide you in running a report on the Siteimprove Intelligence Platform (SIP). By running a report you generate a one-time report. Once the report has been generated, it can be viewed online for 7 days. You can also choose for the report to be sent via. email.
Running a report differs from scheduling reports. By scheduling a report, you create a report to be generated automatically following a time schedule. This ensures that reports are received by selected users on a regular basis. See "What is the difference between running and scheduling a report?" for further details.
You can run a standard report from within the report module, and a number of components are available for export if you want to edit the reports to suit your needs. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to run a report. If you just want to edit an existing template, copy an existing template or create a new customized template in the reports module, follow the provided links.
- Select Settings from the main menu
- Select Reports
- Select the Siteimprove service you want to schedule reports on from the report overview page. In this case, the Accessibility service has been chosen as an example.
- Click the blue Run button
- Select the site you want to run a report on from the drop-down list.
- You are now provided with the option of running a report of the entire site or specific groups of your site. Choose your option by selecting a group from the drop-down menu. You are also able to select the format of the report, HTML format is set as default. Email notification are also optional, where you are informed when the report is ready. Tick the appropriate boxes.
- To finish running a report, click the Run report now button.