How do I copy an existing template in Reports?
By Gudrun Gustafsdottir
Note: This article referrers to our earlier Reports module which some customers do not have access to. We recommend that you use the latest Dashboard reports feature instead. Information on Dashboard reports can be found in the article Configuring Siteimprove Dashboards and Dashboard reports.
This article is intended to guide you on how to copy an existing template in the Reports function of Siteimprove. The benefit of copying an existing template is that you can tweak the report components, i.e. what information goes into the reports and how many rows, without having to set up the schedule for all users again. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:
- Select Settings from the left menu in the platform.
- Select Reports.
- Select Templates.
- Choose the module you want to copy a report template for, in this instance Quality Assurance (QA) has been selected.
- Click Copy on the report you want to make a copy of.
- A copied version of the report template will now appear in the template overview, titled Copy of: "(Name of report)".
- Click Edit to edit components and text as desired. Learn more about how to edit a template.
- Preview the template to see what it will look like.
Your copied report template will now be visible under Templates menu item