User Journeys is a useful feature within the Siteimprove Analytics module to measure visitor navigation behavior on your website. User Journeys display the paths that visitors take from start page (A) and end page (B). User Journeys can help you understand whether your visitors are reaching their intended destinations on your site.
This article is intended to show you how to add a User Journey to start collecting data and create better experiences for your visitors.
Why add User Journeys?
- Understand your visitors' navigation behaviors
- Identify where information architecture could be improved
- Visualize how many different ways there are to reach an intended destination on your website
Adding User Journeys
- Select Analytics from the main menu
- Select Behavior from the side-bar menu
- From the sub-menu, select User Journeys
- Click on the Add User Journey button
- Name the journey, and add start and end page URLs by searching for either URL or page title
- Click the green Add User Journey button to complete the setup.
Note: It can take a few minutes for a journey to be processed. If a user has group access only then details on pages outside of that group will be restricted.
Screenshot of a User Journey