This article lists possible reasons your website might load slowly and what you can try to speed up your website’s response time.
Reasons response measurements may be slow:
- The checkpoint is too far away from the webserver. See How do I choose server locations in Response?
- The HTML output of the page is very large.
The processes necessary for your page to load may be slow for reasons such as:
- Inefficient database lookups
- “heavy” data processing when generating the HTML output for the site
What could make my website load faster?
- Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Use compression on the webserver
- Optimize the HTML output
- Change the website to load dynamically (as needed)
Siteimprove also provides a Performance module that helps you to optimize your website’s load time and improve the visitor experience. For more information check out this article - What is Performance and why does it matter?