This article lists possible reasons your website might load slowly and what you can try speed up your website’s response time.
Response measurements may be slow because:
- The checkpoint is too far away from the web server
- The HTML output of the page is very large
Building and serving the website (the processes necessary for your page to load) may be slow due to:
- The database
- Inefficient database lookups
- A lot of “heavy” data processing when generating the HTML output for the site
What could make my website load faster?
- Change the server location checkpoint. Note: If the slowness still persists then it may be an actual problem and not a measuring problem.
- Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Use compression on the web server
- Optimize the HTML output
- Change the website to load dynamically (as needed)