My website loads slowly in Response. What can I do to make it faster?
By Sean Needham
This article lists possible reasons your website might load slowly and what you can try to speed up your website’s response time.
Reasons response measurements may be slow:
- The checkpoint is too far away from the webserver. See How do I choose server locations in Response?
- The HTML output of the page is very large.
The processes necessary for your page to load may be slow for reasons such as:
- Inefficient database lookups
- “heavy” data processing when generating the HTML output for the site
What could make my website load faster?
- Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Use compression on the webserver
- Optimize the HTML output
- Change the website to load dynamically (as needed)
Siteimprove also provides a Performance module that helps you to optimize your website’s load time and improve the visitor experience. For more information check out this article - What is Performance and why does it matter?