Using the Policy Library
By Sean Needham
The Policy Library contains a number of pre-configured Policies based on web governance best practices. This article is intended to help you apply pre-configured Policies to your sites. Also, check out this In-App tutorial on adding policies from the Policy Library.
This article includes:
Video introduction to Policy Library
How to add a Policy from the Library
- Select Policy from the main menu.
- Select Policy Library.
- A list of pre-configured policies will now be displayed in the platform. Click the Add Policy button on the policy you want to add to your website.
- Choose the sites on which you want this policy to be active. The Policy can be set on a specific site, or on all sites on your Siteimprove account.
- Set the priority level for the policy.
- Choose if you want to make the specific policy visible in other modules
- Confirm your changes by clicking on the Confirm button.
You can now view the policy you've added in the platform under My Policies.
Note: If you use Policy Library to create a Policy that already exists in your account, both Policies will show up in the Policies section of the platform. You should delete one of the Policies to prevent redundancy.
If you cannot find the Policy you need from the Policy Library, then you can create your own, or browse frequently used Policies in Siteimprove.