How to create a Feedback survey in Analytics
By Sean Needham
This article will help you create a feedback survey in Siteimprove's Analytics module.
- Select Analytics from the main menu.
- Select User Feedback.
- Select Feedback from the menu.
- Click on the 'Create Survey' button.
- Give your new survey a name, remember to be descriptive. Then choose the priority of the survey*.
- Write the question you want to ask your visitors. Keep it succinct and to the point. Choose the layout, look, and satisfaction scale. A preview of the feedback box will appear on the screen to better visualize your changes.
- Add matches to define which page(s) your survey will be displayed on. You can choose multiple matches and different match types.
- URL Match: You can add a URL match directly or from groups you have already created. See also: "How do I create a group based on a URL/title match?".
- Meta tag Match: Adding a match using the “Meta tag match” option will require an analytics group based on meta tag to first have been created. For further information on this see the “Groups based on an HTML meta tag” section of the article “How do I create a group based on an HTML content match?”
Note: We do not currently support matches based on capture tags (e.g. breadcrumbs).
- Choose the display settings (Mobile only, hide after submitted, etc.).
- Choose the start and end date of the survey. If the "end date" section is left empty, the survey will run until manually disabled.
- Add email recipients to receive an email when a comment is given on a feedback survey**.
- Choose if you want old user comments to be automatically deleted at regular intervals.
- Click on the green Save and finish button to save your changes. Your survey will now be displayed in the survey list.
Note: Only account owners and administrators or those with equivalent user permissions can create, edit or delete a Feedback survey.
*More than one Feedback survey may be set to show up on the same page. Priority represents the order in which the feedback surveys will occur on pages where two or more feedback surveys are enabled. Only one survey will appear on such a page.
**If you set daily email notifications you will only get an email if you receive a comment/rating.