Behavior Map is a feature in Siteimprove's Analytics module that allows you to get a clearer, visual, page-level understanding of what visitors actually do when interacting with your website.
Tables and charts of data are great for a general understanding of how pages perform, but Behavior Map translates this information into a more visual representation of the interactions your visitors perform. Behavior Map consists of four components:
These four functionalities help answer underlying questions such as, but not limited to:
- What draws visitors' attention? (Heat Map)
- How far down on a page are visitors willing to scroll? (Scroll Map)
- How do visitors interact with a page's elements? (Click Map)
- How do users from specific locations interact with my pages? (Segmentation Map)
Adding a page to Behavior Map
Note: The Behavior Map feature does not work on intranets or other sites that require a login as a default. However, it may be possible to access the content behind a login by whitelisting Siteimprove crawler IP addresses. Please reach out to Siteimprove support if you need help whitelisting Siteimprove IP addresses.
To view or add pages to Behavior maps;
- Go to Analytics > Behavior > Behavior maps from the main menu.
- Select the "Add page to Behavior map button".
- Search for the URL or title of the page you want to add.
- Select the page from the dropdown (Tip: The page views shown can help you select the correct page).
- Click on "Add page".
The "Go to Account Overview" button above the page list gives an overview of all Behavior maps and the sites they are associated with.