How do I ignore in Policy? How do I reverse a decision?
By Guðrún Gústafsdóttir
This article covers how to ignore a Policy on multiple and individual pages, and how to reverse a previously ignored Policy. Please note that ignoring Policies is accomplished in different ways for the different Policy types (Media, Document or Content).
The main difference between them is that when you ignore in Media/Document Policies, you ignore the matched item and therefore all the pages that contain that item, whereas the Content Policy ignores the matched item on specific pages.
How to ignore a Media and/or Document Policy
When ignoring Media and Document Policies, the ignore function will apply to ALL pages that contain the document/media file that is found by the Policy. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Policy and then My Policies in the sidebar menu.
- Click the relevant Media or Document Policy to view the assets that match.
- From the list of URLs, find the asset (e.g. PDF, image) for which you want to ignore the policy match.
- Click the ignore button (circle with a diagonal line through it) next to the match to ignore the item for this specific Policy. Ignoring the item will affect all pages where the item is found.
Note: A Content Policy cannot be ignored on all pages across your website like in the Quality Assurance module. You have to tweak your existing policy matches/criteria in order not to receive false results. You can alternatively delete the Policy if you do not wish to have it implemented on your site.
How to ignore a Content Policy on individual pages
It may be helpful to ignore the Policy matches on specific pages but make corrections on other pages. To ignore a Policy on a specific page take the following steps:
- Click Policies and then My Policies in the sidebar menu.
- Click the relevant Content Policy to view the pages that match it.
- From the list of URLs, find the page for which you want to ignore the policy match.
- Click on the ignore button (circle with a diagonal line through it) to ignore the Policy on that specific page.
Note: When ignoring a Policy on an individual page, all instances of the Policy will be ignored on that page.
How to reverse a Policy decision
- Click on Policy > My Policies in the sidebar menu.
- Select the Policy where you previously ignored a match.
- Filter by "Ignored matches" within the Policy category (i.e. Content, Media, Documents) where you want to reverse a policy decision.
- Click on the undo decision button (curved arrow symbol) to reverse the Policy decision.
Note: Reversed policy decisions will not be visible in the Policy list until the site has been re-crawled.