This article will help you address spelling decisions/issues in Quality Assurance, specifically how to ignore issues, when to ignore issues on all pages across your website, and how to reverse spelling decisions you have made.
How to ignore an issue in QA
Ignore issues on individual page basis
It may be useful to ignore the word on specific pages but make corrections on other pages. To ignore an issue on a specific page take the following steps in Quality Assurance:
- Select Misspellings from the sidebar menu in Quality Assurance
- Find the misspelled word you want to ignore from the list of misspellings
- Expand the Pages column to view all the pages that contain the specific misspelling
- Click on the ignore symbol to ignore the misspelling on the specific page
You can now view your ignored single pages in the Decisions sub-menu of the Spelling section in QA by filtering ignored decisions based on single pages.
Ignore issues on all pages across your website*
From the list of misspellings, find the word you wish to ignore on all pages across your website. Click on the ignore symbol next to the word to ignore it on all pages.
*When a word is ignored on all pages it will not be seen as a misspelling in future checks or added to the dictionary. This action is commonly taken for words that should be addressed at a later date (old fashioned words or irregular capitalization of abbreviations for example), but are not a priority to correct on the site. The word will be removed from this list and will not be highlighted as an error in future crawls.
How to reverse a spelling decision
To reverse a spelling decision, take the following steps:
- From the QA module, select Spelling from the side-bar menu
- From the sub-menu, select Decisions
- Filter for the specific issues you want to address
- When you have found the word that you want to reverse a decision upon, click on the reverse button.
When you reverse a decision it will appear again in the list of Misspellings or Potential Misspellings section once a re-crawl of your site has taken place. You can always find the word that you reversed a decision upon in the Word List section of the Spelling side-bar menu.