If you're new to Siteimprove, you've come to the right place! This portion of our help center will bring you up to speed on everything you need to know for a successful start. In this first article, we'll help you answer the following questions:
- What is Siteimprove?
- How can I learn?
- What should I do first?
- How do I update after errors are corrected?
- Where do I go next?
What is Siteimprove?
To put it simply, Siteimprove provides a suite of solutions that can help you better manage your online presence. We regularly crawl your website in order to detect issues that affect content quality, accessibility, search engine optimization and more.
These insights are organized in easy to use reports that can help you and your team save time, streamline content management, and identify opportunities for optimization.
How can I learn?
Throughout these guides, we will offer a number of different ways to learn, including:
- In-App Tutorials: self-paced, personalized tours that walk you through our features right in the platform. If you like to learn as you go, these should be right up your alley.
- Help Center Articles: these text-based guides will explain our features in more depth, with supporting examples where needed. Use these if you prefer to do a little reading before taking action!
- Video: if you're a visual learner, look no further than our feature specific videos. Watch these at your own pace, and take action in the platform as you go.
- More Ways to Learn: each of our "Getting Started" guides includes a "More Ways to Learn" section, which links to helpful webinars and academy courses for additional learning opportunities.
That being said, please don't hesitate to submit a request if you get stuck. We've done our best to make everything here as straightforward as possible, but are always happy to provide additional assistance.
What should I do first?
Add Your Site(s)
Siteimprove needs to be able to crawl and evaluate content in order to be effective, so it makes sense to start by adding your site(s). In most cases, you should already have websites available for evaluation in your subscription, but you can add (and delete) sites at any time:
Add Your Users
Your Siteimprove subscription includes unlimited users for the platform services - the more the merrier! We highly encourage you to add everyone who is responsible for managing your digital content (at a minimum).
How do I update Siteimprove after errors are corrected?
Siteimprove is a reporting platform, so you will need to leverage your Content Management System (CMS) to make changes. We will automatically crawl your website and update reports every 5 days, but it is important to make use of our manual update options while you're making changes.
- In-App Tutorial: How to re-crawl a site
- Help Center Article: How to re-crawl a site, a page, multiple pages or a group
Use the single page re-crawl option when you're making page specific changes and the full site re-crawl option for site-wide changes. This will help keep your reports current and allow you to better track your progress along the way. There is no limit on re-crawls with Siteimprove!
Where do I go next?
It all depends on what your goals are! The following articles will assist you in learning the basics for each of our main features:
- Quality Assurance - fix basic content issues impacting your user experience.
- Accessibility - tackle issues that create barriers for people with disabilities.
- SEO - optimize your website for search engines and improve your rankings.
- Policy - create custom rules that help enforce your own standards.
- Analytics - learn where your visitors are coming from, and what they're doing on your site.
- Schedule Reports - set up recurring reports to be delivered via email.
If you have any questions, contact your Customer Success Manager directly or submit a request and we'll get in contact with you.