Quality Assurance provides details on all internal and external broken links affecting your website. These broken links will need to be fixed via your content management system (CMS), see “How do I fix a broken link?”.
In some cases, you may decide that a broken link can be ignored. For example, you may decide to ignore a link to a password-protected site that public website users (and crawlers) do not have access to.
This article covers the following areas:
- Ignore from the broken link list
- Ignore from the page report
- How do I undo the decision to ignore a broken link?
Note: When you ignore a broken link, you are essentially setting an exclusion for a specific URL. So, if the domain "www.demodomain.com" is seen as a broken link and it is ignored, then all of URLs on that domain are excluded from being checked.
Tip: If you see lots of broken links on a site showing the same pattern, you should not ignore them individually, instead you can reach out to Siteimprove technical support to investigate.
Ignore from the broken link list
To ignore a broken link from the list of broken links:
- From the main menu go to Quality Assurance > Links > Broken Links.
- Select the checkbox to the left of the link you wish to ignore and then click the button which appears to “Ignore on all page”. (You can also use the ignore icon to the right of the broken link you wish to ignore.)
Ignore from page report
To ignore a broken link from the page report
- Open the page report from the platform by clicking on the page title in Quality Assurance or the magnifying glass on the list of broken links.
- Select the broken link that you wish to ignore in the left menu.
- Click on the cog above the broken link to see the decision options.
- Select “Apply decision” to ignore the broken link on all pages.
How do I undo the decision to ignore a broken link?
- From the main menu go to Quality Assurance > Links > Ignored Links.
- Select the link using the checkbox on the left of the link table.
- Click on the button “Undo decision”.
If you have any questions regarding this, please contact Siteimprove technical support.