What is keyword mapping?
By Sean Needham
Siteimprove SEO Advanced allows users to map keywords to target pages.
A target page is a page that you would like users to reach after using specific search terms (keywords) in a search engine. It’s possible to optimize target pages in order to increase the visibility of that page within search results.
The target page optimization feature in Siteimprove SEO allows users to map keywords to the page elements where they should appear, e.g., a primary keyword should be in the page title.
You can map up to 4 keywords per target page.
If you are not sure about how to map the keywords, you can use the mapping recommendations provided by the Siteimprove platform. Recommended keyword positions are determined by comparing the search volume of the keywords.
Siteimprove SEO will flag missing or incorrectly implemented keywords on the target page.
How do I map keywords to a target page?
- Set the target page under Content Optimization.
- Click on the issues found under Content issues in the table.
- Click on Map Keywords under keyword issues.
- Choose the keywords to map to the page elements or use the recommendations.
- Save the changes.
- The keyword issues will then be shown within target page optimization and summarized on the content optimization tables.
If you have questions regarding your subscription or want to upgrade, please contact your Customer Success Manager directly or submit a ticket.
Keyword Research Academy Course
The Siteimprove Academy offers scalable learning programs, interactive course content, and actionable outcomes for you and your team. Take advantage of our online courses, including "Keyword Research" to get the most from our products.