Here are a few things to check if you are having issues with Siteimprove Ads integration.
Does the authorizing user have Admin access for the Google Ads account?
You can check client Admin access as follows:
- Open a browser and go to ads.google.com/home.
- "Sign In" to your Google account.
- Enter the Google account email address and password.
- On the main menu go to, Tools and Settings > Set Up >Account Access.
- Here you can see if a user has Admin access under the "Access Level" column.
Note: An Admin can obtain data and has full access to the account. Other Access levels have limited access. Make sure that the user you are using for the integration has Admin access on a Google Ads Account. This is not the same as being Admin on a Google account.
Does the authorizing user have live/active campaigns on the Google Ads account?
You can check for active campaigns in the following way:
- Log into your Google Ads account.
- Click on "Campaigns" on the left menu bar.
- Filter the campaign list by "Enabled Campaigns". A green circle indicates live campaigns.
- Filter the time period for today’s date.
- Make sure that data is showing (i.e. impressions, clicks, or cost indicate ads are showing).
If data is showing then this indicates you have an active campaign.
If you have any questions or difficulties with this please reach out to Siteimprove technical support.