How to create an API token from your Atlassian account
By Sean Needham
JIRA is a platform that provides issue tracking and project management functions for software projects.
For customers using Jira Cloud (not hosted Jira), Siteimprove provides the ability to connect your account to your Jira Cloud account. This allows you to report issues found by Siteimprove directly into the issue tracking tool. In order to add a Jira connection, you will need to have a JIRA API token. You can create a token from your Atlassian account as described here.
The information below is taken from Atlassian's documentation about API token.
API tokens are used to authenticate with an Atlassian. You can generate the token from your Atlassian account and then copy it into the Siteimprove platform. If you use two-step verification to authenticate with your Atlassian Cloud site, then your script will need to use a REST API token to authenticate.
Create the API token as follows
- Log in to https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens.
- Click 'Create API token.'
- From the dialog that appears, enter a memorable and concise 'Label' for your token and click 'Create.'
- Use 'Copy to clipboard' and paste the token into the JIRA API token field on the JIRA account user page.
- For security reasons it isn't possible to view the token after closing the creation dialog; if necessary, create a new token.
- You should store the token securely, just as for any password.
Note: Siteimprove is happy to help with questions regarding configuring the integration. Siteimprove does not provide support or product help for the third-party software with which you are connecting.