Jira is a platform that provides issue tracking and project management functions for software projects.
For customers using Jira Software Cloud (not self-hosted Jira), we provide the ability to connect your Siteimprove subscription to your Jira Cloud account. This allows you to report issues found by Siteimprove directly into the issue tracking tool.
- Admins/Account Owners are able to manage the JIRA settings from the Integrations menu.
- The default user role in the Siteimprove platform cannot manage the JIRA connection settings but can create/manage Jira issues. To do so a Jira connection and Jira user (marked as shared) should be created by an Admin/Account owner.
How to add a Jira connection
To link Siteimprove to JIRA, go to Integrations > Project Management > Jira Connections,
And select "Link to Jira" (or "Add new Jira connection" for an additional connection).
Enter the following details:
- A name for this new Jira connection.
- The JIRA Cloud instance URL, e.g. https://example.atlassian.net
Afterward, you will need to add a Jira connection user.
How to add a Jira connection user
- Go to Settings > Integrations and Plugins > Jira Connections
- Select “Add new Jira connection user” via options under the Actions column
- Enter the details of the Jira account user including Name, Email, and Jira API token. See the article "How to create an API token from your Atlassian account" for further information on this.
- Select the access level required, i.e. “shared” or “only you”
- Click the “Add account” button
Once you've added a new Jira user you can start creating Jiras from the platform. For further information on this see the article "How to create Jiras from within the Siteimprove Intelligence Platform".