Jira is a platform that provides issue tracking and project management functions for software projects.
For customers using Jira Software Cloud and Jira On-prem (i.e. private installations), we provide the ability to connect your Siteimprove subscription to your Jira account. This allows you to report issues found by Siteimprove directly into the issue tracking tool.
- Admins/Account Owners are able to manage the JIRA settings from the Integrations menu.
- The default user role in the Siteimprove platform cannot manage the JIRA connection settings but can create/manage Jira issues. To do so a Jira connection and Jira user (marked as shared) should be created by an Admin/Account owner.
How to add an On-prem Jira connection
In order to link Siteimprove to JIRA On-Prem (private installations) follow the steps below:
- Create a Jira user with limited privileges called 'siteimprove_integration' in your Jira installation.
Note: The integration user should have permission to create/read in the desired project(s) in their Jira but no additional admin privileges.
- Whitelist the following Siteimprove IPs addresses if your Jira installation is behind a firewall:
- Provide, the following information to your Siteimprove Technical Support:
- Jira base URL
- Jira username and password
- The Siteimprove development team will then set the Jira integration for your account.
How to add a Cloud Jira connection
To link Siteimprove to JIRA, go to Integrations > Project Management > Jira Connections,
And select "Link to Jira" (or "Add new Jira connection" for an additional connection).
Enter the following details:
- A name for this new Jira connection.
- The JIRA Cloud instance URL, e.g. https://example.atlassian.net
Afterward, you will need to add a Jira connection user.
How to add a Jira connection user
- Go to Settings > Integrations and Plugins > Jira Connections
- Select “Add new Jira connection user” via options under the Actions column
- Enter the details of the Jira account user including Name, Email, and Jira API token. See the article "How to create an API token from your Atlassian account" for further information on this.
- Select the access level required, i.e. “shared” or “only you”
- Click the “Add account” button
Once you've added a new Jira user you can start creating Jiras from the platform. For further information on this see the article "How to create Jiras from within the Siteimprove Intelligence Platform".