The Backlinks feature within Siteimprove SEO Advanced gives extensive knowledge on inbound links to your website. Using this information, you can improve your website's prominence in search engine results.
The Backlinks feature includes the following components:
Link profile provides a portfolio of the number, quality, and types of backlinks (and anchor texts) that lead to your site. A good link profile has no spam links and has backlinks from a variety of relevant, highly trusted sites.
The link profile table includes:
- Backlinks: The number of links on other websites pointing to your domain.
- Referring domains: The number of domains containing links pointing to your domain.
- Number of URLs: The number of URLs on your website that are linked to from other websites.
- The domain Influence Score: A measure of how important your domain/page is on a scale of 0-100, based on the volume of backlinks from other domains/pages.
- The domain Trust Score: A measure of how trustworthy your domain/page is on a scale of 0-100, based on the number of trusted domains/pages that link back to yours.
Undesirable backlinks are links which do not offer many benefits to your SEO. These could be links from a domain which you already have backlinks from, or links from pages with a low Trust Score, which could potentially hurt your rankings. Investigate suspicious links and disavow (discard) them in Google Search Console if necessary. Read more on how to Disavow backlinks within Google Search Console.
Backlinks which come from a page with a high Page Trust Score are particularly valuable to your link profile as they'll naturally boost your rankings. This component helps you to keep an eye on valuable backlinks to ensure that they always point to valid pages on your site.
Link reclamation is the process of exploiting existing backlinks to your advantage. This means locating and fixing new and existing backlinks which are pointing to broken, incorrect, or missing URLs on your site. Link Reclamation provides information on new and lost backlinks.
For further information see the article Siteimprove SEO: Getting started with Backlinks.
If you have questions about Backlinks, feel free to contact your Customer Success manager or Siteimprove Technical Support.