How to setup Rebrandly URL Shortener integration
By Sean Needham
URL shortener integrations enables Siteimprove to access the URL shortener data. The Rebrandly integration allows you to see data from your URL shortener within the Siteimprove CMS plugin.
The URL shortener integration helps:
- Give users an overview of digital content assets and their dependencies when managing their digital assets.
- Check if unpublishing a page will have an impact on short URLs linked to that page.
- Indicate different usage of the page.
- Indicate digital assets that may be relevant to another department’s material.
Note: You need to be a Siteimprove Account Owner or Administrator to add the Rebrandly URL shortener integration. You will also need a Rebrandly API key. For further information on this see the Rebrandly API documentation.
Connect Rebrandly with API
- Navigate to Integrations > Integrations Overview from the main menu.
- Locate the Rebrandly integration in the URL Shorteners section.
- Click on the "Connect" button.
- Enter a unique name for your Rebrandly.
- Enter the Key generated in Rebrandly.
- Click the "Connect to Rebrandly" button.
- When successful, a notification will be shown to confirm that your Rebrandly account is connected and you will be redirected to the Manage URL shorteners page of the Integrations menu.
Manage URL Shorteners
Within Manage URL Shorteners it is possible to edit or delete current URL Shortener connections. When editing the connection you can change the connection name and the authentication key.
Siteimprove CMS plugin
Once you have added the Rebrandly connection, data from your URL shortener will be visible within the Siteimprove CMS plugin. You can then use the plugin to get an overview of all digital content assets and check if unpublishing a page will have an impact on short URLs linked to a page.
URL shortener data can be found in the following two locations within the Siteimprove CMS plugin:
- On the page details under the “This page” tab.
- When viewing the impact of un-publishing a page via the “See Unpublish Impact” button.
Further information on the Siteimprove CMS plugin can be found in the following articles:
Note: Siteimprove is happy to help with questions regarding configuring the integration. Siteimprove does not provide support or product help for the third-party software with which you are connecting.