Here are the steps you would take to test the Siteimprove CMS Plugin:
- Set up a test CMS environment and make sure the pages are published to a test website. You can use a staging or development instance of a website for this.
- Add the test site to Siteimprove so the site is crawled and checked. See "Adding a Site - Tips & Tricks".
- Configure users who will test the integration in Siteimprove. Make sure they have access to the test site. At least one of these users must be Account owner in Siteimprove. See "How do I add a user?" and "How do I edit user access to Sites and Groups in Siteimprove?"
- Install the plugin as described in the CMS specific plugin installation guide which can be found via the Siteimprove CMS plugin page. In most cases, this will require someone with admin rights in the CMS and someone with technical knowledge of the CMS.
- The Siteimprove Account owner should be the first one to log in and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now you can navigate the Siteimprove CMS Plugin to test that it works as expected. See "How to navigate the Siteimprove CMS Plugin"
Some CMS plugins require an API user and Key during the set-up. See "How to connect to the Siteimprove API" for further information on creating an API Key.