When a user is creating tasks from issues identified in the Siteimprove platform, they will be presented with a modal containing fields and options. Siteimprove provides a template to determine what fields and options are presented to the user. This article discusses how to configure the task/work item template.
More information on creating tasks is available in the article, "How to create Azure DevOps work items from within the Siteimprove platform".
Example of work item form
Configuring fields in the template
You will have the option to configure fields when connecting to your task management system. You can also edit the configuration afterward if required as follows:
- Go to Integrations > Task Management > Connections,
- Select the tab of your task management system,
- Click on "View details"
- Use the edit icon.
When configuring the task template, you have the possibility to map fields. This means you can customize the template if required. Below we explain the options available to map fields in the template.
Note: Related information is available in "Siteimprove’s Azure DevOps connector".
When configuring fields, you are presented with two tables:
- Visible fields - contains the fields that will be displayed when the user creates a new work item.
- Hidden Fields - contains the fields that will not be shown when creating a work item. This may be because they are either not required or incompatible.
Here we focus on the mapping and configuration of the Visible fields table.
The Action column on the Visible fields table includes two buttons, one for hiding a field, and one for editing the mapping for that field.
When you click on the "Edit field" button, you are presented with a pop-up component containing information about the field: i.e. Field name, Field type, and Value type.
The Value type section contains a dropdown, where you can change the type of mapping used. That is, you can change the type of value that will be inserted in the field when the user creates a new work item.
The dropdown has three options for Value type:
Value type - No value
The field will use the default value. The default value can be a number, a string, or the current date. This is dependant on the field being edited.
Value type - Fixed
This option allows you to define a fixed value to be used each time a task is created. The value will remain the same unless re-edited.
When you chose Fixed in the Value type dropdown, you can write (or select) a value to be used each time the user opens the create work item modal. The option to either write or select a value is dependant on the type of field.
Value type - Dynamic
This option means you choose from a list of values predefined by Siteimprove. The values will be used to generate the content for the field based on a user's location within the Siteimprove platform when creating the work item.
The dynamic values available are:
- Module - represents the name of the module being used when the work item is created (e.g. Policy, Accessibility)
- Issue type - represents the name of the issue in the platform (e.g. Policy match, Accessibility issue)
- Title - represents the generated title (e.g. for Policy, it can be Policy broken links)
- Issue description - represents the description for the work item, and it can be composed of a link to where the issue can be viewed in the platform, the number of occurrences, etc.
- Count - represents the number of issue or matches, depending on the location in the platform
- Detection date - represents the date when the issue or the match was detected
- Issue details URL - represents a link to a detailed view of the issue or policy in the platform (e.g. It could be the Page report link for Policy)
- Issue source URL - direct link to the source of the issue
- Issue source name - the name of the issue (e.g. for a policy called broken links in the Policy module, the source name will be broken links)