Siteimprove Analytics (SA) allows you to filter your analytics data to suit your needs and gain valuable insights on user behavior.
You can create a filter at Analytics > Analytics Settings > Filters, click on the button "New Filter".
Give your filter a name and choose from the elements provided to build your filter. The filter can then be used in reports and when viewing statistics in the Siteimprove platform.
Filter Elements available
Here is a list of the elements that can be used to filter your data:
- IP Addresses: IP filters are used to segment data by visitor IP. See "How to set up an IP Filter"
- Organizations: Filter visitor data by the organizations that visit your website. See "Analytics: How to filter data by organizations".
- Devices: Filter by device type used by visitors, e.g. Tablet, Mobile, Desktop.
- Geography: Geography filter is used to segment visitor data by location.
- Traffic source: Filter visitor data by the type of originating traffic source, e.g. Direct, Search engine, Social media.
- Search engine: Filter by the Search engine that brought visitors to your website. This filter includes both organic and paid searches. (see the search engine and social media filters table*)
- Social media: Filter by social media referrers (see the search engine and social media filters table*)
- External search terms: The search term filter is used to segment visitor data by the search term used in the search that led to your site.
- Referrers: Referrer filter lets you segment visitor data by referring domains and pages.
- Page visits: This filter element will either include or exclude visitors based on pages visited (or links used) on your site.
- Internal search terms: Segment visitors by the terms they have searched for in your internal search engine.
- Events: Events filter lets you segment visitor data by events triggered on your site.
Search engine and social media filters*
|Search engines filters||Social media filters|