The Siteimprove API (Application Programming Interface) allows developers to integrate with the Siteimprove platform.
Detailed information and API reference documentation can be found on the Siteimprove Developer page.
The API requires the client to log in with a username and an API-key using Basic Access Authentication.
The client acts on behalf of the username supplied during authentication and receives the same permissions as if the username was logged into the Siteimprove platform.
You can create and manage API keys from the Integrations menu in the Siteimprove platform.
Note: You must have Account owner or Administrator permissions to setup an API key.
To set up a connection to the API
- Go to Integrations > API > API Keys
- Click on "Add user"
- Create a user with the rights and roles you want the API user to have in the platform.
(For further information on adding a user read the article - How do I add a user?)
- Click on "Create API Key"
- Give your Key a description and choose the user which you created earlier.
- Select "Create API Key"
- The API Key can now be seen in the API Key table and used to gain access to the Siteimprove API
Note: You can visit the Siteimprove API website and login with the API user name and API key as shown in the API Key table to access the Siteimprove API and API documentation.