Siteimprove Google Data Studio connector and reports
By Sean Needham
Note: You need to have an Administrator or Account owner role to configure a connection to Google Data Studio.
The Siteimprove Google Data Studio (GDS) connector allows users to visualize Siteimprove data within GDS. The data is obtained via the Siteimprove API, which is available to all Siteimprove customers.
- Setting up the GDS connector
- Visualizing Siteimprove data in Google Data Studio
- Examples of GDS templates available
Setting up the GDS connector
- Use this Google Data Studio link [Google link] and follow the instructions.
- Click the “Authorize” button to follow the authorization flow.
- Select/log in the Google account you want to connect to.
- Since we are not yet a Google partner, you will see a warning saying the app is not verified. Click “Advanced”
- Select “Go to Siteimprove GDS Adapter (unsafe)”
- Select “Allow” in the popup window to give Siteimprove access to your account.
- Provide a Siteimprove API key.
- The Siteimprove API key should be based on a user with access to the account you want to report on.
- If you don’t already have a Siteimprove API key, you can create one in the Siteimprove platform at: Integrations > API > API Keys and click on “Create API Key”. See also “How to connect to the Siteimprove API”
- Select whether you want to see data for all sites in the account or a subset. If you choose “Selected sites” in the dropdown, you will be able to select specific sites in the next step.
- Click “Connect” to continue to an overview of the data. Then you will see a list of all the data that we make available to Google data studio.
- Click “Create Report” in the top-right menu to load the default report template.
Visualizing Siteimprove data in Google Data Studio
Once logged in and connected to Siteimprove, you’ll have the same permissions to the Siteimprove data in GDS as if you were logged in to the platform.
Note: Not all data seen in the Siteimprove platform can be accessed via GLS, however, we are continually making more data available.
- Connect to the Siteimprove data in Google Data Studio as described earlier in this article.
- You will see a list of all the data that Siteimprove makes available to GDS. This is the data that is available for you to create reports. You also have options to add extra fields or parameters if required.
- From here you can create your reports by clicking on the “Create Report” button in the top menu bar.
- Then click the “Create Report” button on the popup modal.
- You will be presented with the Siteimprove introduction report template by default.
- You can select other templates available using the Page in the menu bar.
- You can also create your own tables and graphs using the Siteimprove data (Dimensions and Metrics) available to the right of the dashboard. To learn more about utilizing the data in GDS see. “Data Studio Help - Model your data [Google link]”
Examples of GDS templates available
Siteimprove Introduction template
Account Overview Dashboard template
Quality Assurance Page Overview template
Note: Once you have completed the connection process, you’ll find Siteimprove listed as a partner connector under Google Connectors in GDS.