In some cases, the Siteimprove crawler (also referred to as a robot, bot, spider) may be registered within your website analytics solution. This article explains how to exclude this traffic:
Note: Please refer to the article "What IP addresses and User agents are used by Siteimprove?" for a list of IP addresses to exclude if you do not wish to see Siteimprove traffic in your web analytics.
Exclude traffic from Siteimprove Analytics
In Siteimprove Analytics, Siteimprove traffic can be identified and filtered using either an Organizational or IP filter. The following explains how to set up a filter in each case.
Filter Siteimprove traffic using an Organizational filter
- Go to Settings > Analytics > Filters and select “New filter”
- Give the filter a name and choose if others can use it
- Click “Add filter element” and then “Organization”
- Select to filter by “Visitors not from this organization”
- Enter a match for organizations where the name contains Siteimprove
- Click on “Add match condition”
- You can use the “Test Now” button to test the filter
- Click on “Create filter” to save
Filter Siteimprove traffic using an IP filter
Some users may prefer to filter traffic using an IP filter. To do so, follow the instructions in this article: “How to set up an IP Filter”.
Enabling the filter
Once created, you can enable the filter using the filter dropdown on analytics pages within the platform.
Filters can also be incorporated within reports by selecting the filter when scheduling the report.
Note: You can also use filters to remove spam from your statistics. For further information on identifying spam crawler traffic see: How to spot spam in Analytics and what to do about it.
Exclude Siteimprove traffic from Google Analytics
In order to exclude Siteimprove traffic from Google Analytics, you will need to create an account filter in Google Analytics and exclude the Siteimprove public facing IPs addresses.
For further information see the following:
- What IP addresses and User agents are used by Siteimprove?
- Google Analytics article describing how to create an IP address filter.
Note: Google filters will only be applied from the day it’s created.
If you have any questions regarding Siteimprove filters, please contact Siteimprove Technical Support with your request.