Note: Currently the Siteimprove Zapier integration is in Beta release.
Zapier is an online automation tool that allows your favorite applications to work together.
For example, using Siteimprove’s Zapier Integration you can receive an email each time a broken link is discovered or create a Zendesk ticket automatically for each new misspelling found.
In order to integrate Siteimprove with Zapier, you will need a Zapier account. You can sign up for free via the Zapier website.
This article will guide you on how to set up the Zapier integration and how to create your first "Zap" in combination with Siteimprove.
Currently the Siteimprove Zapier integration supports the Policy and QA modules only.
- Make sure you have a Siteimprove API Username and key to use in later steps for authentication. If you are new to the API please read "How to connect to the Siteimprove API" which has instructions on creating a key. Note: The data available in the Zapier is based on the permission and role of the API user.
- Log in to your Zapier account.
- Click on this Siteimprove Zapier invitation link and select "Accept invite and build a Zap".
Create a Zap
- Click the “Make a Zap” button.
- Find the Siteimprove app using the search field.
- Select the Siteimprove app.
- Select a trigger from the list of Siteimprove triggers presented.
- Use the search field to find a specific trigger.
- For this example, we will use “Quality Assurance – New broken link” trigger
- Click “Save + Continue”.
- Click on “Connect an Account”.
- A modal view will appear, fill in your Siteimprove API details.
- Username is your Siteimprove account email
- Password is your API key
- Click “Yes, Continue “
- Select a site from your Siteimprove Account.
- Click on ‘Continue’.
- Pick a sample to test your Zapier setup.
- Click on “add a step” in the left menu and select “action/search”.
- In this tutorial we'll use Slack so choose Slack from the possible applications.
- Choose the option “Send Direct message”.
Connect to your Slack account.
- If you are already logged in, you will get a message to authorize Zapier in Slack.
- If not logged in you will have to log in first and then authorize Zapier in Slack.
- Click “Save + Continue”
Customize your message
- Fill in the ‘To Username field’ with the desired user that will receive automatic updates.
- Customize your message text and choose that it is sent as a bot.
- By clicking on the ‘Insert field’ icon, found in the Message text field. You can add preset data that is retrieved from the Siteimprove API, for example, a time-stamp or URL.
- Click on ‘Continue’.
Test your zap
After customizing your Zap you can now test it if you wish.
- Click “Send test to Slack”
- If successful you should receive a slack message with a broken link sample.
- If not successful then you should review your settings.
- Click on “Finish” to create the Zap.
- Name your Zap.
- Turn on your zap using the toggle button, and you’re done.
This concludes the guide on how to setup the Zapier integration and how to create a Zap in combination with Siteimprove.