Siteimprove Priority FAQ
By Sean Needham
- What is Siteimprove Priority?
- How do I enable Priority on my account?
- What features are included in Priority?
- Can I view Priority data in my CMS Plugin?
- What cookies will be set if I use Priority?
- Are IP addresses of visitors collected when Priority is enabled?
- Where can I find Privacy and Security information?
What is Siteimprove Priority?
Priority is an addition to the Siteimprove platform that helps you prioritize issues to be addressed on your website. It shows analytics data collected over the previous 30 days throughout the platform; Quality Assurance, Web Accessibility, Data Privacy, and SEO, to allow you to focus on the issues found on the most popular pages.
How do I enable Priority on my account?
There are a few ways to enable Priority.
- Integrate with Google Analytics (GA) - If you already have GA running on your website you can set up an integration to enable priority. See "How to enable Google Analytics Priority data integration".
- Integrate with Adobe Analytics (AA) - If you have AA running on your website you can set up the integration to enable priority. See "Siteimprove Adobe Analytics integration guide".
Please contact your Customer Success Manager or submit a request if you need help in enabling Priority.
What features are included in Priority?
Priority includes the following features to help you make better-informed decisions when prioritizing issues to be addressed:
Fix errors on popular pages first
The main feature of Priority is that you can see page views on page tables throughout the platform.
We display page view data so you can focus on addressing the issues on the most popular pages. For example, to see accessibility issues on popular pages, go to Main menu > Accessibility > Pages. Here you can sort the table by page views. More examples are listed in the paragraph below.
Examples of where priority data can help you manage tasks
- QA > Summary > Priority Pages
- QA > Links > Pages with broken links
- QA > Inventory > Pages
- Accessibility > Pages
- Accessibility > Issues > Specific issue
- Accessibility > Validation > HTML Validations
- SEO > Optimize > Issues and Recommendation
- SEO > Optimize > Target pages (SEO Advanced)
- SEO > Research > Keyword monitoring (SEO Advanced)
- Policy > My policies > Misspellings
- Policy > My policies > pages containing “x”
- Policy > My policies > documents over than 3 year
- Data Privacy > Personal data > Personal data types > names
- Data Privacy > Personal Data > Pages and files containing personal data
- Data Privacy Personal data > Personal data types > email addresses
See broken links that have had the most clicks - "Clicks on broken links"
Note: This information is not always available in GA and AA, see Why are there sometimes no “Clicks on broken links” when using third-party data providers?
Priority allows you to sort broken links by the number of times they have been clicked. To view this information from the main menu, go to Quality Assurance > Links > Broken Links.
Focus on the most popular documents
Note: This is not applicable for GA and AA
Priority allows you to see the most popular document visited on your website. You can then ensure that these documents are valid and free from errors. For example, to see the most popular PDFs go to Quality Assurance > Inventory > Documents > PDF.
Can I view Priority data in my CMS Plugin?
Yes, it's possible to show Priority data from Siteimprove Analytics and third-party analytics providers in the Siteimprove CMS Plugin. To learn more on this see the article "How to navigate the Siteimprove CMS Plugin".
What cookies will be set if I use Priority?
If you are using the integration with either GA or AA for Priority, no additional cookies will be set by Siteimprove.
Are IP addresses of visitors collected when Priority is enabled?
No. Sites with Priority have IP Anonymization enabled by default so IP addresses are not collected. See “IP Anonymization in Siteimprove Analytics” to find out more about anonymization.
For GA and AA, it depends on how your configuration is set up on the respective platforms.
Where can I find Privacy and Security information?
Privacy and Security information related to Siteimprove products and services can be found on the Siteimprove Privacy page.